Monday, September 16, 2013

Welcome. I have no idea what I am doing yet

My very first blog post. I have been thinking about starting a blog for a long time now, and after some encouragement from my boyfriend and a few friends...Here I am! 

First and foremost: the blog name Solely Squints, where did it come from? A friend from college gave me the nickname Squints years ago from the movie The Sandlot. Basically I am blind as shit without my glasses or contacts. This trait in addition to the fact that we watched The Sandlot over and over again, led to my nickname Squints. Trying to come up with a blog name is so hard, so I used a unique nickname that makes me laugh and went with it. I love alliteration and so Solely Squints was born. This blog is about me and my day to day life. Here are some things about me:

My name is Kelsey. I go by Kelsey Rae, KRae, Kels, Kelso, Squints, and many more. Pick one. 

I am bluntly honest and sarcastic. I also think I am pretty hilarious. You be the judge.

I love giraffes more than the average person. I squeal when I am next to one. 

I have a wonderful boyfriend Aaron, who also goes by longneck. Apparently, I love tall things (giraffes, brontosauruses, and my men- he is 6'5). He works at Disney World and is pretty much wonderful.

I have a cat named Esme. Yes, she is named after Twilight. No, I don't give a shit what you think about Twilight. Her middle name is Jean. Esme Jean is fluffy, pretty, and now a Floridian kitty, who is queen of the house. 

I love reading, everything from the classics like Pride and Prejudice to Harry Potter is fair game.

My favorite TV show is F.R.I.E.N.D.S. This needs to be mentioned so you won't be surprised when I reference it.

I have a Bachelors Degree in Community Health with a minor in Human Biology. I love preventing diseases, reading articles about medical advancement (think new treatments for breast cancer, or a new way to perform surgeries using robots), as well as using gallons of hand sanitizer. Still searching for my perfect career.

I moved from Oregon to Florida a year ago, and I am STILL not used to the hellish humidity. More on that later. 

I recycle, reuse as much as I can, and go green wherever possible. 

This is my blog. I am learning as I go. Bear with me as I curse and throw my computer stumble through the learning process. 

Thanks for reading. :)

-Kels

2 comments: